You will probably find that looking for a job and working in Canada are different than what you are used to. It is a good idea to know what employers expect, so that you can demonstrate your skills and perform well.
There are many online and in-person resources to help you with career planning, networking, writing your resume and more. Many settlement agencies can help you with your job search. To find a settlement agency in your area, go to Services Near Me.
Helpful Websites for Internationally-Trained Professionals (ITPs):
- Employment Ontario - Get employment training, skills and experience from the government of Ontario.
- Global Experience Ontario - Resources for ITPs in all fields but health.
- HealthForce Ontario - Resources for ITPs in the health field.
- Ontario Skills Passport - Learn how to communicate your skills and work habits to a Canadian employer.
- Professional Associations in Ontario - A list of mandatory and voluntary professional organizations in Ontario and across Canada.
- Professional Networks for Skilled Immigrants - See a list of networks run by and for ITPs. Covers many professions and sectors.
- Welcome to Ontario - Find out how to work in your profession in Ontario as an ITP.
- Working in Canada Tool - See wages, skills, language training and job opportunities for your profession.
- Workplace Communication in Canada Program - Identify where you can enhance your professional communication and soft skills for the Canadian workplace.
General Employment Information:
- Applying for a Job
- Evaluating Your Credentials
- Labour Market Information
- Starting a Business
- Training Programs
- Workplace Culture in Canada