Discussion Forum

To post messages and use great My Settlement features, please sign-up or login.

Search Discussions

All Forums | Permanent Residents and Citizenship | Sponsoring Family
Falsely Represented Spouse - Marriage Fraud
 Reply to Topic
Topic Tools: Bookmark | Print 
Author Topic  

Farzana Parveen

Mississauga
9 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  11:38:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Viewer,

My case is diffrent then yours. I am a victim of a marriage fraud. I got married and sponsored my spouse from Pakistan, as soon he arrived in Canada I realized that my marriage is based on total lies, scams and frauds and he used me only to come to Canada he is an uneducated person and never get enter in Canada with his forged degrees.In addition I found out that he is complete fraud and has obtained his permanent residency status by submitting false information and forged documents to citizenship and immigration Canada.
As myself totally disappointed from him and mentally destroyed from his lies I filled my divorce. The damage he has done to me has destroyed my faith from marriage. He not only cheated my family and me but also cheated immigration Canada.

I ask a question to all the viewers that this kind of persons will be punshed are not who makes innocent people fool and got everything.

I also need your help to please guide me what I should do for the justice.

Thanks and best regards of all

Farzana Parveen

gurminder

Beutifull British columbia
88 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  10:34:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am also victim like you but mine is converse case my sponsor deserted me in canada and laid false charges on me from police.

But got released by court as not guilty,but still i am
facing problem in sponsoring my spouse from india bec of this.

If your story is true then you can send letter to CIC regarding that,stating your story.

He may be found guilty of misrepresentation.

balhar

mississauga
5 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  19:03:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Parveen, immediately shoot out a letter to immigration authorities giving full details about him. Its hard for cic to prove marriage of convenience, and deportation, you also being a part of the whole sponsorship process. CIC keeps a record onhis file and he will face problem when he goes for second marriage. That's it.No More. Good luck.

Farzana Parveen

Mississauga
9 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  10:42:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Thanks for the message.

I really appreciate for your reply. Yes I know its hard but CIC will implement some laws and rules for these type of people who make innocent people fool and get everything without doing any hard work. I alresdy send a letter to CIC but didn't get any results.

quote:

Hi Parveen, immediately shoot out a letter to immigration authorities giving full details about him. Its hard for cic to prove marriage of convenience, and deportation, you also being a part of the whole sponsorship process. CIC keeps a record onhis file and he will face problem when he goes for second marriage. That's it.No More. Good luck.

Parveen

PMM

Vancouver
2330 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  13:44:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

quote:

Hi,

Thanks for the message.

I really appreciate for your reply. Yes I know its hard but CIC will implement some laws and rules for these type of people who make innocent people fool and get everything without doing any hard work. I alresdy send a letter to CIC but didn't get any results.

quote:

Parveen

Look at this way, should we expect CIC to investigate every marriage for it's bona fides? The sponsor must take some responsibility to determine if the person who they intend to marry and supposedly spend the rest of the life with is a genuine person and they know them well. If the marriage appears bona fide on the surface and it is within the cultural norms, then CIC will not look very closely. It is really up to the sponsor to take some responsibility for their actions.

PMM

Friesen

Cal
74 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  18:05:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Farzana

First I am so sorry for what you have been through. Your husband or ex husband has been granted PR of Canada. It is not a straightforward or easy task to revoke his Canadian PR unless you provide strong evidence of gross misrepresentaion. I have heard of many cases like yours. My experience and advice is that you must make sure you have concrete evidence of fraud and/or misrepresentation from his side. You must carefully check your evidence as some of them could/can get back to your own involvement in this misrepresentation and you can be made responsible to a certain extent. (please read PMM post above). Once you are sure of the fraud or misrepresentaion you should write to CIC and also RCMP. Make sure you have record of your post and also keep copies of your correspondence. Do not expose yourself as the wife or ex wife who is only there to take the revenge and/or to settle a personal score. Be logic always and reasonable. I can assure you that RCMP and CIC will take every care of your correspondence. However, do not expect them to reply instantly and do not expect them to reply telling you in details and exactly what they have been doing. Due to privacy Act, they would decline to give you any clue. There are women groups who have been suffering and currently fighting like yourself. You can google them but if you need help please come back to me here.

All the best

quote:

Hi,

Thanks for the message.

Parveen

Friesen
LF

Farzana Parveen

Mississauga
9 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  11:24:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ,

Thanks for your advise. I really appreciate that you take out time for me. I submitted ONline application to RCMP. Let see what reponse they will give me. If you know anything else which will help, please let me know

Parveen

Farzana Parveen

Mississauga
9 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  11:37:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Look at this way, should we expect CIC to investigate every marriage for it's bona fides? The sponsor must take some responsibility to determine if the person who they intend to marry and supposedly spend the rest of the life with is a genuine person and they know them well. If the marriage appears bona fide on the surface and it is within the cultural norms, then CIC will not look very closely. It is really up to the sponsor to take some responsibility for their actions.

PMM

Hi PMM,

Yes I am agree with you, you are totally right. But what do you think if Canadian Govt.immplement a law specially when we apply for spousal sponsorship because most of the fraud and cheater came Canada from spousal visa and they submitted froged documents to Immigration and there is no check to verify these documents and they will take advantage. Its clearly written in the application form that if you submitted forged doucments the Immigration will revoke or deport you, but they didn't implement this law it is just on papers. Anyway I hope they will do something and I will get some good news in future

Parveen

Friesen

Cal
74 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  12:15:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Farzana

I do not think your online contact with the RCMP would help. True, we are in the elctronic era but with your serious circumsstances things should have been taken directly and more seriously.

Please try to find the name of the Assistant Commissioner of the RCMP in your province. Write directly to the Commissioner, using his name and title ( or his title would be enough if you can't find the name). Send the same copy to CIC (local CIC or federal or both). Send all correspondence in recoreded delivery and keep copies (always). Do not forget to send copies (not original) of your evidence. Only in this way, they would react and reply to you. As I said earlier CIC and RCMP would not tell you all details of their investigation and findings. You will, at least, have proof of their correspondence.

All the best.

quote:

Hi ,

Thanks for your advise. I really appreciate that you take out time for me. I submitted ONline application to RCMP. Let see what reponse they will give me. If you know anything else which will help, please let me know

Parveen

Friesen
LF

Farzana Parveen

Mississauga
9 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  09:37:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Thanks! I really appreciate. I will try to find his name and no. and send the application thru mail as soon I get it. Thanks again for all your support and advise.

FP

Parveen

gurminder

Beutifull British columbia
88 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2007 :  21:13:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi parveen,
any response/progress in reporting to cic obout your sponsor case.any reply from cic?

Farzana Parveen

Mississauga
9 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  12:16:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

hi parveen,
any response/progress in reporting to cic obout your sponsor case.any reply from cic?

Nice to hear you. No dear I didnot get any reponse from anywhere. I think its useless because if once the visa was issued they got all rights. The law is very weak and diffrent here, I also spoke to my lawyer and he also gave me the same answer. Anyway the only hope I have from my God so just pray and leave everything on him.

FSK

Friesen

Cal
74 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  08:38:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Farzana

Sorry for the lack of response from CIC, RCMP or whoever you contacted. I can hear your frustration.
If you have sent correspondence by recorded/registered delivery then they must reply. You can try to send a reminder. This matter is so serious and you also have to expect it takes time to respond. However, as I said above, they will not provide you with all details of their investigation. By the law of Privacy Act they can not disclose anything in their correspondence with you. Above all, please be realistic too. Every story has always two sides. You should not expect that you are always right even if what you have been through is unfair and injust. The authorities have to take into consideration the other side of the story. Remember what I said earlier that you should be careful on your presentation and be aware that someone in the middle may think that you are taking the revenge or settling a personal score. I wish you every success.

quote:

quote:

hi parveen,

Nice to hear you. No dear I didnot get any reponse from anywhere. I think its useless because if once the visa was issued they got all rights. The law is very weak and diffrent here, I also spoke to my lawyer and he also gave me the same answer. Anyway the only hope I have from my God so just pray and leave everything on him.

FSK

Friesen
LF

Farzana Parveen

Mississauga
9 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  10:57:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Thanks! I am not taking any revenge, he also know very well what he did. I really want that immgration call him for an interview and ask him about his degrees. I beleive that he can't hide the truth in front of them. And I pray that the day will come soon and I will get the justice. The truth is always win its just a matter of time.

takecare

quote:

Hi Farzana

Sorry for the lack of response from CIC, RCMP or whoever you contacted. I can hear your frustration.
If you have sent correspondence by recorded/registered delivery then they must reply. You can try to send a reminder. This matter is so serious and you also have to expect it takes time to respond. However, as I said above, they will not provide you with all details of their investigation. By the law of Privacy Act they can not disclose anything in their correspondence with you. Above all, please be realistic too. Every story has always two sides. You should not expect that you are always right even if what you have been through is unfair and injust. The authorities have to take into consideration the other side of the story. Remember what I said earlier that you should be careful on your presentation and be aware that someone in the middle may think that you are taking the revenge or settling a personal score. I wish you every success.

quote:

quote:

hi parveen,

FSK

Friesen
LF

Hi

FSK

kateee111

toronto
1 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2007 :  12:15:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I am very sorry to hear about the deception you have gone through.

My brother died of natural causes, on the day his wife walked out on him. I think shame, devastation and humiliation might be good words to attribute it to.

The one major fact is that where other countries have a 3 year trial period, canada has nothing of the kind.

There SHOULD be a trial period at the very least.

Maybe they should take the government workers that are 'verifying the bonafide marriage' information (that they arent' doing a very good job of)and put them in a department verifies their background, etc., through their own data bases.

KT

Farzana Parveen

Mississauga
9 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  10:41:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kateee,

Thanks for your concerned. I am very sorry to hear about your brother. God rest & peace his soul. I know Its very hard to survive on this situation. Yes you are right but there is a law in immigration & citizenship but they don't implement them and I don't what is the crietaria on this law to judge the fraud people. Anyway we can't do any thing its all depend of the related authorities to take serious action against these kind of cases and change the Immgration rules specially they will more strick and implement new rules for Spousal sponsorship.

Thanks

FSK

housepet

Thunder Bay
5 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  15:30:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Farzana Parveen,

I have read all your quotes and those who responded to them. I am very concerned about the rather cold response with regards to responsibility of bona fides. After all, what does CIC care how our lives end up. The way our laws are designed, they protect the immigrants and take away our freedoms to live a normal life, no matter how under-handed our sponses turned out to be.

I tried to find a current case that is the same as yours, but there are so many on file, it will take we awhile to find a similar one.

My situation is similar to yours, but with an extra twist. I also sponsored my wife's child. Now I have to pay for this child until she finishes school and I'm not even the child's father, nor did I adopt her.

Yes, I am a male who was targeted for a sucker. It is a shame that I have worked all my life, just to have my life ruined because I felt convinced that I would be able to start a family again.

Justice needs to be done. I like the comment that Kateee 111 (11/03/2007)stated with regards to other countries having a THREE year trial period. CIC can learn from other countries ways if they had an ounze of compassion for Canadian citizens. They can help influence the law-makers to amend the immigration laws so that we may have some protection.

I'm going to place a current quote under the name of House pet. I would like to her from you some more and what has transpired in your life since your last quote.

Take care,

House Pet
quote:

Hi Kateee,

Thanks for your concerned. I am very sorry to hear about your brother. God rest & peace his soul. I know Its very hard to survive on this situation. Yes you are right but there is a law in immigration & citizenship but they don't implement them and I don't what is the crietaria on this law to judge the fraud people. Anyway we can't do any thing its all depend of the related authorities to take serious action against these kind of cases and change the Immgration rules specially they will more strick and implement new rules for Spousal sponsorship.

Thanks

FSK

Reply to Topic
Jump To:

SF2000