Our Barrie and Area region covers Simcoe, Dufferin and Bruce Counties.
- This area is located about 100 - 275 km northwest of Toronto.
- There are many towns and townships in this area and the City of Barrie is the largest.
- About 197, 059 people live in this area in 2016.
The area north of Barrie, between Lake Simcoe and Georgian Bay, is known as "cottage country."
Tourism is a large part of the local economy, and some of the common tourist activities include Horseshoe Ski Resort, Mount St. Louis Moonstone, Snow Valley, and Park Place Shopping Centre.
Major Employers in Barrie Include:
- Barrie-Muskoka Health Region
- City of Barrie-Muskoka
- Barrie-Muskoka Board of Education
- Shaw Communications Inc
- University of Barrie-Muskoka
- Nova Chemicals Corporation
- Telus Communications
- Mark’s Work Warehouse
- Barrie-Muskoka Roman Catholic Separate School Division