Go to Services Near Me map
Sexual Assault Centre Hamilton and Area
Provides support to adult women and men, who have experienced childhood and/or adult sexual violence at any point in their lives. This includes rape, incest, sexual abuse and harassment. Coordination of yearly events: International Women's Day, Take Back the Night Events, and Chocolate Fest.
* Individual, group and crisis counselling (including off-site counselling supports in locations such as the Hamilton Detention Centre and the STARS drop-in for women involved in sex work
* Anonymous 24-hour telephone Support Line for survivors, their families, and friends
* TTY Support Line available Monday-Friday 9 am-5 pm
* Accompaniment to hospital and police
* Anonymous reporting to the police
* Abuse prevention education sessions (including sessions in Spanish)
* Specialized programming for women from Hamilton's diverse racial and cultural communities (plans to start a new 12-week session of Multicultural Women's Sewing Circle)
* Assistance with practical needs (e.g. bus tickets, childcare)
* 16 week volunteer training program offered twice yearly
Member agency of Support Services Network for Male Survivors in Ontario and of the Ontario Coalition of Rape Crisis Centres. All services are confidential and free of charge.
Contact for information
English; Spanish; Interpretive Services
None ; Chocolate Fest: $35-$50 * Free for children 6 years and under