Go to Services Near Me map

ServiceOntario. St Catharines - St Paul St. Ontario Health Insurance Plan Services

As of January 1, 2018, children and youth age 24 and under who live in Ontario and have a valid Ontario Health Insurance Plan will have free prescription drug coverage through the new OHIP+. See description below for more information.
An Ontario health card entitles a resident of Ontario to a wide range of medically necessary health care services paid by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP). Most benefits are covered across Canada. Services available at this office include: * Apply for an Ontario Health Card * Changes of name or address * New photo health card application * Health card renewal * Health card replacement (lost, stolen or damaged) * Red and white health card re-registration (changing from old red and white health card to photo health card) * Registering an absence from or return to Ontario for OHIP *Organ and Tissue Donor Registration Individuals can also receive various health card services at ServiceOntario counter locations.Check http://www.ontario.ca/serviceontario for counter locations. Complaints about fees charged by health care providers: Anyone who believes they have been illegally charged for an insured health service can make a complaint or ask questions should contact the regulatory body of the health care provider. For example: The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario for doctors in Ontario. Copies of medical records are not covered under OHIP and a doctor may charge for providing these. To check to see what is standard practice another good resource is the Ontario Medical Association. OHIP+ As of Jan 1, 2018, more than 4400 drug products are now free for anyone age 24 years or younger who have OHIP coverage. There is no enrollment or registration process to access OHIP+ as coverage is automatic. Prescriptions will be filled at no charge - there are no dispensing fees, deductibles or co-payments. Learn more about OHIP+.


Apply in person. Bring three different original documents to show: * Proof of Citizenship or OHIP-Eligible Immigration Status (such as birth certificate, passport ot Permanent Resident card) * Proof of Residency (such as utility bill or lease, Child Tax benefit statement) * Support of Identity (such as student ID card, driver's licence) See full list of acceptable documents on website


English; French

Physical Access

Fully Accessible



Last updated:04-Jul-19
Copyright © 2019 Niagara Community Information Database

Garden City Tower, 301 St Paul St Mezzanine Fl, St Catharines, ON L2R 7R4