Go to Services Near Me map
Matthew House Refugee Ministry of Fort Erie
Provides temporary emergency shelter to refugee claimants, families affected by family breakdowns and homeless people. Each case is assessed immediately as clients arrive and there is a "No wrong Door" policy. Residents are encouraged to cook and clean up after themselves during their stay (15-30 day stays in emergency shelter)
Offers assistance with:
* Immigration procedures
* Transportation and accompaniment to appointments
* Language translations
* Orient newcomers to Canadian life and help with finding local settlements
* Provide furnishings for apartments and help with shopping
* Make arrangements for transfers to other cities
* Provides friendship and encouragement
* Connect clients with other helping agencies such as health care providers, jobs, schools and day care centres.
Also provides safe and comfortable supported transitional housing to families and individuals. Priority is given to the most vulnerable persons such as single mothers and fathers with babies, women and children. Offers coaching in maintaining and retaining a home, connect with employment and assist clients to find affordable housing. Maximum 1 year stay in transitional housing is expected.
Call or drop in
English - Reception, Website, Interpretation, Programs, Publications; French - Reception, Interpretation; Spanish - Reception, Interpretation; Arabic - Reception, Interpretation; Farsi - Reception, Interpretation; Lingala - Reception, Interpretation; Shona - Reception; Zulu - Reception, Interpretation
Unknown - Call for information