What is a language assessment centre and where can I find one?

A language assessment centre is the first place you go to begin taking government-funded English classes.

If you are eligible for government-funded English classes, you have to take a language test to determine your English language level.

You must take the test at an authorized language assessment centre. It is free to take the test. You need to make an appointment before you go.

There are many assessment centres across Ontario. Many community agencies can help you find English classes. To find help, go to Services Near Me and search for "settlement services" or "English classes" in your area.

Assessment centres can also evaluate your French level for government-funded French classes.

For More Information

Last updated: October 15, 2018 4001186