Skip Breadcrumb Links
COVID-19 Resources & Information
You may have lots of concerns and questions about COVID-19 (the 2019 Novel Coronavirus).
We have collected some trusted resources to help you and your family quickly find answers and information you can trust.
Community and Government Information
- 211 Central - This is a dedicated search page for the commonly requested services in Ontario like:
- Food Banks & Food Delivery Options
- Helplines & Mental Health Supports
- Housing Support
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan - The Government of Canada is taking action to support Canadians and businesses facing hardship as a result of the global COVID-19 outbreak.
- COVID-19: Reopening Schools and Child Care Centres - Learn how Ontario is keeping students and staff safe during the 2020-21 school year and what to expect if there is a COVID-19 case in your child’s school. This guide is available in many languages.
- Ontario COVID-19 - You can find out about Ontario's response to COVID-19 (coronavirus) and what you need to do to keep you, your family and your community safe.
- Service Canada - In response to COVID-19, all in-person Service Canada Centres are closed until further notice. In the meantime, you can find their programs and services online.
- Service Ontario - Service Ontario locations are requesting that you not visit centres in person unless it is completely necessary. You can access information and updates about renewals of things like your OHIP or Ontario ID card online, this will help ensure your safety and the safety of others.
- Settlement.Org Discussion Forum - If you have any questions that you would like to have a response to based on your own situation, please post them directly to the Settlement.Org Discussion Forum.
Employment and Financial Assistance
- Employment Insurance (EI) & Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) Information - If you have stopped working because of COVID-19, you should apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit, whether or not you are eligible for Employment Insurance.
- Financial Relief Navigator Tool- is a bilingual one-stop portal where Canadians can access critical COVID-19 emergency benefits and financial relief from governments, financial institutions, utility, telecom and internet providers from Prosper Canada.
- Financial Support for Canadians Abroad - Canadians, and, in exceptional circumstances, Canadian permanent residents, outside the country who are directly impacted by COVID-19 will be able to apply for an emergency repayable loan to facilitate their return to Canada and to cover basic essential needs while they work towards their return.
- COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) - Applications are open for the COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program (CEAP), to support residential customers struggling to pay their energy bills as a result of the COVID-19 emergency.
- COVID-19 Financial and Investment - You can read the latest information about finances and investments during the COVID-19 outbreak; from the Ontario Securities Commission.
- COVID-19: A Guide for Temporary Foreign Workers in Canada - This is customized for Temporary Foreign Workers under the Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW) Program. From Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Ontario Works Information - Ontario Works (OW) benefits are for people who need money because they cannot find work or temporarily cannot work. This article helps explain who is eligible for OW.
Health and Wellness
- COVID-19 and Mental Health - Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) have put together some resources and suggestions to help support your mental health at this time of uncertainty.
- COVID-19 Violence Against Women Services in Ontario
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline - Provide crisis counselling, safety planning, emotional support, information and referrals. You can also call 1-866-863-0511 (free, confidential and anonymous) and by mobile: #SAFE (#7233) (Bell, Rogers, Fido or Telus)
- Fem’aide - Offers French-speaking women who have experienced gender-based violence, support, information and referral to appropriate front-line services within their communities. You can also call 1-877-336-2433 for free.
- Senior Safety Line -Trained counsellors provide safety planning and supportive counselling for older adults who are being abused or at-risk of abuse. You can call 1-866-299-1011 for free in Ontario.
- ShelterSafe.ca - If you’re seeking safety from a harmful situation contact your local Women's Shelter. You can find one close to you at sheltersafe.ca. If you are in immediate danger call 911.
- Toronto Rape Crisis Centre/Multicultural Women Against Rape - Provides a free crisis line service that is private and confidential. You can also call 416-597-8808 for support.
- Mental Health and the COVID-19 Pandemic -Information and suggestions about how best to cope in this difficult time from the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH). If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, please contact 911 immediately or go to your nearest emergency department (ER).
- Wellness Together Canada: Mental Health and Substance Use Support - Provides free online resources, tools, apps and connections to trained volunteers and qualified mental health professionals when needed. From the Government of Canada and their partners.
Housing Information and Assistance
- Landlord & Tenant Board - The Landlord and Tenant Board are not accepting in-person submission of documents. the LTB is suspending the issuance of eviction orders and all hearings related to eviction applications — unless the matter relates to an urgent issue such as an illegal act or serious impairment of safety. For the most up to date information please visit their website.
- Renting: Changes During COVID-19 - Learn about the temporary changes to residential rental processes, and where landlords and tenants can get more help.
Immigration & Legal Information
- Canada Border Services Agency Border (CBSA) Travel Information - The Canada Border Services Agency is focused on safety and security with regards to travellers and trade. For this reason, many of their resources are currently concentrated on COVID-19. Some of their service standards may be impacted as a result, and you may experience delays.
- Canadian Council for Refugees (CCR) COVID-19 Q&A - Public documents from IRCC, CBSA, IRB, UNHCR, and other sources with up to date information on announcements and changes made to refugee programs in Canada from CCR.
- Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO) - CLEO is working to give practical answers to the important questions that people are asking about the law relating to the COVID-19 situation.
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) COVID-19 Information - The Prime Minister announced travel restrictions that will limit travel to Canada. Find out how these restrictions affect immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport applications.
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Webform - You may use this form if you have submitted an application or profile, have changes you need to make or require urgent processing of your renewal/replacement Permanent Resident card.
- COVID-19 and Private Refugee Sponsorship - Information for sponsors on their responsibilities and changes to the processing of private refugee sponsorship during COVID-19 from the Refugee Sponsorship Training Program (RSTP).
September 16, 2020