Skip Breadcrumb Links
Do I have to use ArriveCAN?
All travelers, including Canadian citizens and permanent residents, are required to provide contact and quarantine information when arriving in Canada through ArriveCAN.
This is part of Canada's efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19. The Government of Canada is moving to a safer and faster paperless process.
Requirements Before Entering Canada
If you are flying to Canada as your final destination, you must use ArriveCAN to submit your:
ArriveCAN does not ask you for COVID-19 test results. You must use ArriveCAN before you board your flight to Canada.
If you're travelling to Canada by land or sea, you are strongly encouraged to submit your travel information through ArriveCAN; this will speed up processing at the border.
Once you submit your information through ArriveCAN, a confirmation receipt will be displayed. It is recommended that you print this out or save it as a screenshot. Show the receipt to a Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) officer when you arrive at a port of entry; your screenshot or printed copy will be enough.
Requirements After Entering Canada
You must report daily via the ArriveCAN app after your entry into Canada.
You must report to:
- confirm that you've arrived at the address you provided for your quarantine or isolation location within 48 hours of your entry into Canada
- complete daily COVID-19 symptom self-assessment until the completion of your quarantine period or until you report symptoms
If you don't complete your reporting after you’ve entered Canada, you may receive phone calls or public health follow-ups.
You can read more about who may be exempt from quarantine on ArriveCAN’s information page.
What if my flight is only connecting in Canada?
Travellers who are in transit to another country and will not leave the secure area at the airport will not need to submit their information through ArriveCAN.
How do I use ArriveCAN?
ArriveCAN is available to download as a mobile app or you can create an account and sign in online.
For More Information
- IRCC Help Centre - A tool that helps answer frequently asked questions on immigration matters. It offers several ways of searching through the information available, including search by keyword. From Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) - Information about a new entry requirement for some foreign nationals. From Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- What are pre-arrival services? - Pre-arrival services are free online or in-person programs for people who have been approved to immigrate to Canada. From Settlement.Org.
December 8, 2022