Skip Breadcrumb Links
What employment services are available in my community?
Many communities offer free employment services to help you look for a job, plan your career or start your own business.
Assisted services include workshops and one-on-one counselling on various topics, such as:
- Local labour market information
- Career planning and career counselling
- Job search techniques
- Interview skills and résumés
- Job matching and placement
- Job retention
You may need to register for workshops and set up an appointment with an employment counsellor.
You can also use self-service tools and resources:
- Computers to work on your résumé and cover letter
- Internet access to check job listings
- Daily newspapers and job postings
- Photocopiers and fax machines
- Business directories
- Job search materials
Many community agencies can help you with your job search. To find employment help in your area, go to Services Near Me.
For More Information
September 16, 2015