Become a Settlement.Org Partner
We're interested in creating content partnerships with organizations and individuals. If you have information that newcomers can use, please share it with us.
If we post your content, we will attribute it to your organization and include a link to your website. See an example of a content partnership.
We typically request to edit content so that it adheres to our style guidelines and standard article format (for example, length, word choice, stylistic elements, formatting). We also expect content partners to let us know if their materials require updates in order to stay up-to-date.
We expect that content partners will link to Settlement.Org on their website(s) - we can suggest relevant resources (deep links) to suit your information needs.
Contact us if you're interested in finding out more or working with us to better serve newcomers to Ontario.
What information do we want?
We're looking for information in any of our 8 main topic areas (such as employment, housing, health).
Content can be articles, fact sheets, tip sheets, guides, brochures, pamphlets, leaflets, workshop handouts, and so on.
We are particularly interested in content that has been translated into different languages.
How do we decide what partner content to post?
Some of the things we look at are:
- Is it accurate and comprehensive?
- How often will it need to be updated?
- Is it relevant to the needs of newcomers?
- Is it written in clear language?
- Is it unbiased (for example, that it doesn't promote the services or wares of a particular company or organization)?
- Is it applicable to people living anywhere in Ontario?
- Does it add value to Settlement.Org?
What do you get for providing Settlement.Org with content?
- Increased exposure and usage of your materials, helping you to fulfill your own outreach, service and community development goals.
- We can give you statistics about the number of times your content has been viewed, the frequency of which is agreed upon by both parties. This can be particularly useful if you have limited contact with the settlement sector or need to quantify results for funders.
Reproducing Settlement.Org Content
If you would like to use Settlement.Org materials for your own program or publication, read our guidelines.
OCASI reserves the right to change this program at any time and to choose who may or may not be considered as a content partner. We also reserve the right to change or remove partner content.
View a list of our partners.