Skip Breadcrumb Links
Where should I live in Ontario?
This is a very important decision. Where you live will affect your entire experience of moving to Canada.
You need to make an informed decision about where to live in Ontario. It is a good idea to know what a particular community can offer you and what you can offer it.
You might choose a community for many different reasons. Here are just a few things to consider:
- Size and cultural makeup of local population
- Urban or rural
- Job opportunities
- Social and recreational activities
- Services for newcomers
- Public transportation/mobility
Other things might be important to you, too, and will influence where you settle. Take the time to really consider your decision.
Some websites have useful information about communities in Ontario. Many of these sites are created and maintained by municipal/city governments. Here are some useful links:
- Cities and Towns - Certain cities have developed websites for newcomers who are already living there or who are thinking of moving there.
- Municipal websites - Information about communities to see if you want to live there.
- Statistical community profiles - Statistics Canada has a statistical profile of all communities in Canada from the 2006 Census data. It has information such as population size, the average number of people living in a home, and languages spoken.
- Services Near Me - Go to "Search by Region" and select a region or city to find some basic information, such as geography, population, percentage of immigrants, and useful links.
For More Information
June 05, 2015