Skip Breadcrumb Links
How can I check the status of my immigration application?
Depending on what type of application you have, you can check the status of your immigration application online or by telephone.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) offers a few methods to check the status of your application.
You can check the status of your application online if you have:
- Sponsored a member of the family class;
- Applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
- Applied for a permanent resident card (initial, replacement or renewal);
- Applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
- Applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
- Applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
- Applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
- Applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
Please consult Application Processing Times for information about how long it may take to process your application.
You can contact the IRCC Call Centre, if:
- You are in Canada; and
- You have an application that is processed inside Canada.
The phone number is 1-888-242-2100.
If you are outside Canada or an application that is processed outside Canada, contact the visa office where you applied.
For More Information
- IRCC Call Centre - A telephone service to ask general questions about immigration and applications in process inside Canada. From Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- IRCC Help Centre - A tool that helps answer frequently asked questions on immigration matters. It offers several ways of searching through the information available, including search by keyword. From Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
- Canadian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate - A list of Canadian visa offices outside of Canada. From IRCC.
- Canada International - Information about visiting, working in, studying in or returning to Canada. A useful site for people who wish to come to Canada temporarily. From the Government of Canada.
July 12, 2016