Skip Breadcrumb Links
COVID-19 Border and Travel Measures Changes
Thursday, September 29, 2022
The Government of Canada is removing all COVID-19 entry restrictions and testing, quarantine, and isolation requirements for anyone entering Canada, starting October 1, 2022.
Beginning Saturday, October 1, 2022, all travellers, regardless of citizenship, will no longer have to:
- submit public health information through the ArriveCAN app or website;
- provide proof of vaccination;
- undergo pre- or on-arrival testing;
- carry out COVID-19-related quarantine or isolation;
- monitor and report if they develop signs or symptoms of COVID-19 upon arriving to Canada.
Transport Canada is also removing travel requirements starting Saturday, October 1, 2022. Travellers will no longer be required to:
- undergo health checks for travel on air and rail; or
- wear masks on planes and trains.
Although the masking requirement is being lifted, all travellers are strongly recommended to wear high quality and well-fitted masks during their journeys.