Become a Settlement.Org Partner
We're interested in creating content partnerships with organizations. If you have information that newcomers can use, please share it with us.
In order to be considered for a partnership, your content must be for a free local service of interest to newcomers in Ontario from a local organization. In exchange, we will attribute the content to your organization with your logo and a link to your website. See an example of a content partnership.
We typically request to edit the content so that it adheres to our style guidelines and standard article format (for example, length, tone, word choice, stylistic elements, formatting). We also expect content partners to let us know if their materials require updates in order to stay up-to-date.
We expect that content partners will link to Settlement.Org on their website(s) - we can suggest relevant resources (deep links) to suit your information needs.
Contact us if you're interested in finding out more or working
with us to better serve newcomers to Ontario.
- Keep our content accurate and comprehensive.
- Share high-quality information that is relevant to the needs of newcomers.
- Promote awareness and usage of Settlement.Org.
- Encourage community development.
What information do we want?
We're looking for information in any of our 8 main topic areas (such as employment, housing, health).
Content can be articles, fact sheets, tip sheets, guides, brochures, pamphlets, leaflets, workshop handouts, and so on.
We are particularly interested in content that has been translated into different languages.
How do we decide what partner content to post?
Some of the things we look at:
- Is it accurate and comprehensive?
- Is it a free service or program offered in Ontario?
- How often will it need to be updated?
- Is it relevant to the needs of newcomers?
- Is it written in clear language?
- Is it unbiased (for example, that it doesn't promote the services or wares of a particular company or organization)?
- Is it applicable to people living anywhere in Ontario?
- Does it add value to Settlement.Org?
Reproducing Settlement.Org Content
If you are interested in reproducing Settlement.Org content, please contact us for permission and follow our copyright guidelines.
Settlement.Org Citation Requirements
If permission has been granted to use Settlement.Org content, the website should be cited in the following ways:
The Settlement.Org logo must be displayed in accordance with OCASI’s usage of logo policy.
- For printed materials, the Settlement.Org URL should be visible; for online materials, a link to the Settlement.Org website must be included.
In all cases where Settlement.Org materials are utilized, the terms and conditions must be respected.
Contact us for more information.
OCASI reserves the right to change this program at any time and to choose who may or may not
be considered as a content partner. We also reserve the right to change or remove partner content.