Skip Breadcrumb Links
OINP In-Demand Skills Stream
Tuesday, August 22, 2017
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) has opened a new stream for people with skills in the construction and agriculture sectors.
To be eligible for this stream, you must have a full-time, permanent job offer in an eligible occupation. In addition, you must speak English or French at Canadian Language Benchmark/Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens level 4 or above, have completed a high school education and have worked in Ontario for 12 months within the 36 months before you apply to the OINP. Applicants and employers must also meet other requirements.
Job offers must be in one of the following occupations:
- NOC 7441 – Residential and commercial installers and servicers;
- NOC 7521 – Heavy equipment operators (except crane);
- NOC 8431 – General farm workers;
- NOC 8432 – Nursery and greenhouse workers;
- NOC 8611 – Harvesting labourers;
- NOC 7611 – Construction trades helpers and labourers;
- NOC 9462 – Industrial butchers, meat cutters, poultry preparers, related workers.
If your application is successful, you will receive a Letter of Nomination along with the OINP Confirmation of Nomination document by mail. You must submit an application for permanent residence to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) within six months of being nominated by OINP.
You can learn more about the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program on Settlement.Org or on the OntarioImmigration.ca website.