Skip Breadcrumb Links
Investment Fraud Checklist
Being a smart investor will help you recognize the warning signs of investment fraud and make better investing decisions. Before you invest, ask questions.
Use this checklist to help you recognize the warning signs of investment fraud and make better investing decisions.
- Were you promised a guaranteed return?
- Were you told the investment is low-or no-risk?
- Did you feel pressured to invest quickly?
- Were you offered insider information or a “hot tip”?
- Did you check the seller’s registration information and discipline record?
- Can you verify the investment with a credible source?
- Do you understand how the investment works?
Download in Different Languages
These files are in Adobe Acrobat format. You need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these files.
This resource is from the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC). They are responsible for regulating the capital markets in Ontario.
December 11, 2018