Where can I get my international credentials evaluated for employment?

These organizations can evaluate the education that you completed outside of Canada. They charge a fee for their services.

They may also have different services. Contact the organization to find out more about their services and fees.

  • Comparative Education Service (CES) at the University of Toronto – Evaluates academic credentials that you earned outside of Canada. CES assessment letters can help Canadian employers, academic institutions, immigration officials, settlement agencies and professional licensing bodies understand the equivalency of your academic credentials.  You should contact the specific organization where you need to send your evaluation in order to confirm any specific requirements.
  • International Credentials Assessment Service (ICAS) - Evaluates credentials from secondary school, post-secondary school and technical qualifications. Their reports describe the education you did outside of Canada and compare it to education you can get in Canada.
  • World Education Services (WES) - Evaluates secondary school and post-secondary school diplomas and degrees that you completed outside of Canada. WES has a contract from the Ontario government to perform evaluation services. You can use WES evaluation reports for 5 purposes: employment, education, immigration, post-secondary education, licensing and apprenticeship training.

If you need to evaluate your credentials for school, go to Where can I get my international credentials evaluated for education?

For More Information

Last updated: July 12, 2016 4001110