Skip Breadcrumb Links
How can I come to Canada as a business immigrant?
The Canadian Government selects business class immigrants based on their ability to become economically established and support the development of the Canadian economy.
Business immigrants are people who can invest in, or start businesses in Canada and are expected to support the development of a strong and prosperous Canadian economy.
There are two classes of business immigrants:
- Those who enter with a start-up visa
- Self-employed persons
Start-up visa Program
To be eligible, you must have:
To be eligible, you must have one of these:
- Experience that will make a significant contribution to cultural or athletic life in Canada; or
- Experience in farm management and you must intend to and be able to buy and manage a farm in Canada.
For More Information
- Invest in Ontario - Information about Ontario's economy and how to start a business. From the Government of Ontario.
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) - The federal department responsible for Canadian immigration, refugees and citizenship. Its website has information on immigration policy, programs and services, application kits, and more.
- IRCC Help Centre - A tool that helps answer frequently asked questions on immigration matters. It offers several ways of searching through the information available, including search by keyword. From Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
April 1, 2019