Skip Breadcrumb Links
Has your child been charged with a crime?
A child who has been charged with a crime needs legal advice from a lawyer who is an expert in criminal law. It is best if the lawyer is experienced with youth criminal law. It is a good idea to be informed and involved with your child's case.
You can find more information in this fact sheet, including:
- Will my child have to go to court?
- What can I expect from my child's lawyer?
- Can my child keep on going to school?
- Will the charges be a problem for my child in the future?
- What if I am asked to pay the costs of what my child did?
- How to get help
For more information about youth and the justice system, see CLEO's Youth Criminal Law website.
Download in Different Languages
These files are in Adobe Acrobat format. You need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these files.
These "Listen" files are in MP3 format. Most media players can play these files.
Produced by CLEO (Community Legal Education Ontario).
July 14, 2016