Information Session for Newcomers: Finance your Canadian Credentials and Education
Thursday, February 28, 2019 1:00 PM
to 2:30 PM
Windmill Microlending is a registered charity serving newcomers in Canada that provides microloans to help skilled immigrants and refugees continue their careers. Windmill supports immigrants and refugees who come to Canada with education, skills, and experience but struggle to resume their careers here in Canada. Windmill provides microloans of up to $10,000 to internationally trained immigrants so they can obtain the Canadian licensing or training required to work in their field.
This free in-person session for skilled newcomers will explore how Windmill can lend up to $10,000 to cover the costs of retraining, relicensing, and rebuilding foreign credentials in Canada.
- Light refreshments and networking
- Partner introduction from Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA), operator of Pearson Airport
- Guest Presentation: A program alumni shares their settlement success story
- Feature Presentation and Q&A: Financing your Canadian Credentials and Education with Windmill
- Closing refreshments and additional networking
This service is open for skilled immigrants and refugees with the following status: Permanent Resident, Protected Person/Convention Refugee, Canadian Citizen, and Provincial Nominee.
To register please click here