New Entrant GROW Program Online Information Session
Wednesday, November 25, 2020 2:00 PM
to 3:00 PM
Employment Ontario invites you to an online information session: New Entrant GROW Program.
This 6 week training program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario with no costs charged to participants. Training includes 4 weeks of technical and soft skills followed by a paid two week job placement.
- Health and Safety training including WHMIS, Worker Awareness, (4-step, PPE)
- Learn about Grounds Management, Hardscape or Softscape Installation & basic horticulture principles
- Introduction to the landscape and horticulture profession
- Learn tricks of the trade & strategies for success
- Hear from those who are in the Landscape & Horticulture profession
- Land a job and start working
- Have access to ongoing training, career development and apprenticeship opportunities
There are many career opportunities in the landscape and horticulture profession, including:
- Professions Certificate Landscape Designer/ Landscape Architect + Engineer
- Certified Horticultural Technician/Certified Landscape Horticulturist Technician
- Landscape Horticulturist
- Softscape Installer
- Ornamental Maintenance Technician
- Grounds Manager
Sign up for an information session to learn more about the New Entrant Worker program.