Skip Breadcrumb Links
COVID-19 Mandatory Hotel Stopover
Monday, February 22, 2021
Travellers must still provide proof of a negative COVID-19 molecular test taken up to 72 hours before their scheduled departure time.
All travellers, unless exempted, are now required to:
- reserve a government-authorized hotel for 3 nights prior to departure to Canada
- take a COVID-19 molecular test on arrival in Canada
- stay in the government-authorized hotel while awaiting the results of the COVID-19 molecular test taken on arrival
- pay for the cost of the hotel stay, as well as all associated costs for:
- infection prevention and control measures
Travellers must present proof of having reserved and pre-paid for their accommodation through the ArriveCAN app.
Travellers will still be required to complete the remainder of the mandatory 14-day quarantine after their mandatory hotel stopover.
The list of government-authorized hotels is now available.
Travellers will also be required to take another COVID-19 molecular test later during their 14-day quarantine. Travellers will be provided with a COVID-19 test kit and instructions before leaving the airport.
You can read a detailed list of all the steps currently required to enter Canada by air on the Canada.ca website.