Skip Breadcrumb Links
How do I find summer programs for kids?
Many communities have activities for children during summer vacation. These activities may be called day camps or summer camps. It is important to register early, or you might not get a spot.
Ask about summer programs for kids at your local:
You can also look for programs operated by private companies in the:
A settlement agency can also help you find summer programs for kids. To find help in your area, go to Services Near Me and search for "settlement services" in your area.
For More Information
- Ontario Parks - A map of all provincial parks in Ontario and an online reservation service for camping areas.
- Learn to Camp at Ontario Parks - Information to help you plan your next, or first, camping adventure. Find out what to bring, how to set up a tent and campfire, camping safety and more. You can also sign up for guided overnight or day trips to parks.
- Parks Canada - A map and list of all national parks, historic sites and marine conservation areas in Canada. Visit the site to learn about national parks in Ontario.
- Sun Safety - Learn how to protect you and your children from overexposure to the sun. From the Canada Safety Council.
- Swimming, Boating and Water Safety Tips - For many Canadian families, outdoor activites includes activities such as boating, swimming and skating. It is important to know how to stay safe. From the Canadian Red Cross
- Children's Fitness Amount - Tax Credit - As a parent, you can get a tax credit for your child's participation in a prescribed program of physical activity.
- Children's Arts Amount - Tax Credit - As a parent, you can get a tax credit for your child's participation in a prescribed artistic or cultural program.
August 18, 2016