Skip Breadcrumb Links
Will I receive financial assistance from the government when I retire?
When you retire, you may be eligible for financial assistance programs from the government.
Sometimes these programs are called government pension benefits.
There are 4 government pension benefits programs. They each have different eligibility requirements.
Visit the website for each program to find out if you are eligible:
Some countries have a pension agreement with Canada. You might be eligible for International Benefits if you have lived or worked in another country, or you are the survivor of someone who has lived or worked in another country.
For More Information
- Retirement Planning Checklist - Find out more about the Canadian retirement system. Use the Canadian Retirement Income Calculator to see what you can expect. From the Government of Canada.
- Seniors - Tax information which is relevant to seniors. From the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Ontario Benefits Directory - This page describes the different benefits you may be entitled to as an Ontario resident. From the Ministry of Finance.
- Public Pensions - For Seniors - Provides detailed information on income assistance or financial assistance programs for seniors. From Service Canada.
- A Guide to Programs and Services for Seniors in Ontario - Information about programs and services for Ontario seniors offered by the provincial government, community organizations and other service providers. Available in many languages. From the Ontario Seniors' Secretariat.
October 26, 2015