Skip Breadcrumb Links
Where can I find health services for seniors?
In general, you can use the same health programs and services as other adults. Some programs and services may be especially useful:
- Ontario Drug Benefit (ODB) Program
- Home and Community Care Support Services
- Sports and recreation activities
Ontario Drug Benefit (ODB) Program
The Ontario Drug Benefit (ODB) Program helps pay for prescription medicine for people who are 65 years old or older.
Home and Community Care Support Services
These centres coordinate health care services in the community. For example, support services can:
- Arrange for health and personal support services to come to your home.
- Manage admissions to long-term care facilities.
- Give information and referrals about other community agencies and services.
Find more information, go to What is community-based health care?
Activities to Stay Healthy
Many community agencies have sports and recreation activities for seniors. To find programs, go to Services Near Me and search for "seniors" or "community health centres" in your area.
You can also contact a 211 Ontario for community information..
For More Information
September 15, 2022