How do I enrol in LINC classes?

Go to a language assessment centre and take a language assessment test.

If you are eligible for the Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) program, you have to take a test to determine your English language level.

You must take the test at an authorized language assessment centre. It is free to take the test. You need to make an appointment before you go.

After you take the test, you will be placed into the best LINC class to meet your needs. If LINC is not right for you, they will refer you to another language program.

The LINC program uses the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) to describe your English language level in reading, writing, listening and speaking.

LINC is a free language training program for eligible adult learners. It is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). LINC classes usually take place at community agencies.

Many community agencies can help you find LINC classes. To find help, go to Services Near Me and search for "LINC" in your area.

For More Information

Last updated: June 19, 2023 4001179