Skip Breadcrumb Links
What is the minimum wage when I work?
The minimum wage is the lowest hourly wage your employer can pay you. This affects full-time and part-time workers.
As of October 1, 2022 to September 30, 2023 the minimum wage in Ontario is $15.50 per hour for most jobs.
Some jobs have a different minimum wage. In Ontario, these are:
- $15.50 per hour - General minimum wage
- $14.60 per hour - Students (someone who is under 18 and works 28 hours/week or less*)
- $12.55 per hour - Liquor server (for example, a bartender, a waiter)
- $17.05 ;per hour - Homeworkers (someone who works at home for an employer)
- $77.60 - Hunting and fishing guide (who works less than 5 hours in a row in a day)
- $155.25 - Hunting and fishing guide (who works 5 or more hours in a day)
*It is important to note that the rules about minimum wage are complicated and that the rate depends on the situation.
Read the Minimum Wage Fact Sheet on the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development's website. If you have any questions about the minimum wage, you can call the Ministry of Labour at 1-800-531-5551.
September 29, 2022