Reporting Sexual Abuse – Do You Think Your Doctor Crossed the Line?

If your doctor has made you feel uncomfortable, you can make a complaint to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO).

The CPSO is the regulatory body for medical doctors in Ontario. They investigate complaints, including those of a sexual nature that may involve:

  • Privacy and respect;
  • Inappropriate comments or gestures;
  • Unnecessary or improper physical examinations; and
  • Sexual contact or assault.

It can be difficult to talk about these types of experiences. These information sheets explain what you can expect during the complaint process.

Last updated: August 11, 2021 4005013