Skip Breadcrumb Links
Where can I find information about sexual and reproductive health?
Many organizations and websites have information about sexual and reproductive health.
Sexual and reproductive health includes many topics such as:
- Abstinence and birth control
- Body weight and image
- Healthy relationships
- Peer pressure
- Pregnancy and your choices if you become pregnant
- Screening for sexual health problems
- Sexual abuse, assault or rape
- Sexual orientation
- Sexually transmitted infections
Here are a few websites with general sexual health information:
- Sexuality and U - Information for teens, adults, parents, teachers and health professionals. The website has information on a wide variety of sexual health topics. From the Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
- Women's Health Matters - Information on a wide variety of topics, including sexual and reproductive health.
- Public Health Unit Websites - Find links to public health unit websites in Ontario. Many of these websites have information about sexual health and where to find sexual health care in your area.
Sexually-Transmitted Infections (STIs), Including HIV/AIDS
Here are a few websites with general information:
These organizations focus on specific ethnic or cultural communities:
For More Information
- What is a sexual health clinic? - Information about services at sexual health clinics and what to expect if you go to one. This article focuses on young people, but the information is useful for adults, too. It is from NewYouth.ca, a website for young newcomers to Ontario.
- No Means No: Understanding Consent to Sexual Activity - This brochure provides information on what is meant by the age of consent to sexual activity and an overview of Canada's laws on sexual assault and other offences involving sexual exploitation. From Public Legal Education and Information Service of New Brunswick (PLEIS-NB).
March 2, 2020