Changes for Dual Canadian Citizens Flying to Canada

Friday, August 19, 2016

As of November 10, if you are a Canadian citizen travelling to Canada, you will be required to show your Canadian passport as proof of citizenship. A valid passport is one that has not expired.

The new entry requirement will no longer allow you to travel into Canada with an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) if you are a dual citizen of Canada and of a visa-exempt country. You will need either a valid Canadian passport, a temporary Canadian passport or a Canadian emergency travel document. You will need to show one of these documents before you board your flight.

To learn more on how you can get your Canadian passport, you can read this section on Settlement.Org.