Skip Breadcrumb Links
Statistics Canada Hiring for the 2021 Census
Tuesday, January 19, 2021
Statistics Canada is looking to fill 32,000 part-time and full-time positions across the country, and 9,000 in Ontario, to assist in census data collection activities for five months.
Every five years, Canadians are invited to participate in a census that provides information on the diverse population of Canada and housing, by demographic and socioeconomic characteristics. In order to collect this data, Statistics Canada is hiring people to assist them between March and July of 2021.
You must meet the following requirements to apply:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be a Canadian citizen, or otherwise eligible to work in Canada
- Must have the flexibility to work from 20 to 40 hours per week evenings and weekends.
All applicants will need to pass a security screening that includes:
- verifying previous employment
- verifying references
- conducting a criminal record check and credit check
They are looking to fill two main positions in the roles of enumerators and crew leads.
Enumerators (non-supervisory role)
Enumerators will have varying work schedules with most of their work done in the evenings and weekends. These positions pay $17.83 per hour, plus eligible expenses. In select Northern and remote communities, enumerators are paid $29.25 per hour.
As an enumerator, you will:
- collect questionnaires from households
- capture addresses and drop off letters inviting residents to complete their census questionnaire online
- follow up with respondents by calling or visiting people in your area to complete a census questionnaire
- ship completed questionnaires.
Crew Leader (supervisory role)
Crew leaders will work full-time with varying schedules in the evening and weekends. They are paid $21.77 per hour, plus eligible expenses. In select Northern and remote communities, crew leaders can earn $31.25 per hour.
As a crew leader, you will:
- train, lead and supervise a team of up to 18 enumerators
- monitor the progress and productivity of your team
- call or visit people in your area to work with them to complete a census questionnaire
- receive and ship questionnaires and other census documents.
The agency plans to conduct a socially distanced census this year so these roles will require work from home and follow social distancing rules when performed outdoors.
Apply Now at Census Jobs on the Statistics Canada page.