Skip Breadcrumb Links
What is the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) and how do I apply?
This program gives financial and employment assistance to people with disabilities.
The Ontario Disability Support Program has 2 main parts:
- Income support
- Employment support
Income support is for you if you need help to pay for your living expenses, such as housing and food.
If you qualify for income support, you may also qualify for other benefits, such as health benefits and assistive devices.
Employment supports are for you if you can work and want to work. They help you prepare for a job and find a job. Depending on your situation, you may get:
- Help to find a job
- Job coaching
- Software and mobility devices to help you do your job
- Assistive devices
- Transportation assistance
- Special clothing, tools or equipment you need to do your job
- Other items or supports
You may also get help to start a business.
How do I apply for Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) income support?
To apply for income support, call your local ODSP office.
You need to:
- Submit documents and information about you, your family and anyone who lives with you. This includes information about your:
- Health card number
- Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Housing costs
- Go to an interview with an ODSP worker.
Find your local ODSP income support office.
For More Information
- About the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) - Official information about the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP). From the Ministry of Community and Social Services.
- Income Support - Information about the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) income supports. From the Ministry of Community and Social Services.
- Employment Support - Information about the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) employment supports. From the Ministry of Community and Social Services.
- Social Assistance Law - Clear language information about social assistance laws. From CLEO (Community Legal Education Ontario).
- Benefits Wayfinder - This bilingual one-stop portal lets you search for federal, provincial, and territorial benefits, as well as COVID-19 related resources. From Prosper Canada.
June 12, 2023