Skip Breadcrumb Links
Children's Aid: Information for Parents
A children's aid society (CAS) has a duty to protect children under age 16. It protects children from abuse or neglect. It also helps parents and children with problems.
This fact sheet has information about:
- When does a CAS check on a family?
- How does a CAS hear that a child might not be safe?
- What if a CAS worker contacts me?
- What can the CAS do?
- What if the CAS takes my child away from me?
- Will I need to go to court?
- How to get help
Download in Different Languages
These files are in Adobe Acrobat format. You need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these files.
These "Listen" files are in MP3 format. Most media players can play these files.
Produced by CLEO (Community Legal Education Ontario).
July 14, 2016