Skip Breadcrumb Links
What is child abuse?
Child abuse means that a parent or caregiver hurts a child or does not protect a child. Child abuse can be:
Child abuse is a crime in Canada. It is against the law.
Find information about the signs of child abuse.
If you know a child who is abused, you must report it.
I think a child is being abused. What do I do?
For More Information
- Abuse - Fact sheets about abuse, its signs and how to get help. From Kids Help Phone.
- Child Abuse Information for Families - Provides information on child abuse, including how to report abuse and how to help an abused child. Provided by Boost Child Abuse Prevention & Intervention.
- Children's Mental Health Centres - This portal can help you find the nearest treatment centre for children's mental health problems. From Children's Mental Health Ontario.
- Children's Aid: Information for Parents - This fact sheet has information about when a Children's Aid Society (CAS) might contact a family, and what to do if a CAS contacts you. From CLEO (Community Legal Education Ontario / Éducation juridique communautaire Ontario). You can get it in many languages.
- Family Law - Clear language publications on family law and related topics. From Community Legal Educaiton Ontario /
Éducation juridique communautaire Ontario.
January 8, 2019