Skip Breadcrumb Links
Can I get financial assistance in an emergency?
Maybe. Contact your local Ontario Works office to find out if you qualify. Some community agencies can give you information about your options.
Find your local Ontario Works office.
Many settlement agencies can give you information about your options or help you figure out where to go. To find help, go to Services Near Me and search for "settlement services" near you.
You can also call or go to a Community Information Centre. They can give you information and tell you where you should go for help.
For More Information
- About Ontario Works -
Official information about the Ontario Works program and links to related documents. From the Ministry of Community and Social Services.
- Ontario Works Offices - Find contact information for Ontario Works offices in Ontario.
- Ministry of Community and Social Services - Information about income support, employment support, and social and community programs and services in Ontario.
- Benefits Wayfinder - This bilingual one-stop portal lets you search for federal, provincial, and territorial benefits, as well as COVID-19 related resources. From Prosper Canada.
- Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) - LEAP provides up to $500 per fuel per household per year to help low-income customers who are having trouble paying their bill. Visit the website for more information about the program, eligibility criteria and how to apply.
- Social Assistance Law - Clear language information about your legal rights to social assistance. From CLEO (Community Legal Education Ontario / Éducation juridique communautaire Ontario).
November 28, 2023