How do I get a Certificate of Qualification for my trade?

You need a Certificate of Qualification to work in some skilled trades in Ontario.

A Certificate of Qualification is required to work in regulated skilled trades. Some unregulated skilled trades also require a Certificate of Qualification. You can only apply for this certification if:

Taking the Certificate of Qualification Exam

To take a Certificate of Qualification exam, you will first need to call and pay a fee to the Ontario College of Trades.

Next, the Ontario College of Trades recommends that you download and study their Exam Preparation Guide. Once you feel ready to take the exam, contact the nearest Employment Ontario apprenticeship office to book your exam.

Read the Ontario College of Trades’ webpage for more information on the Exam Process and Preparation.

For More Information

Last updated: March 29, 2017 4001104