What do I do if I get hurt at work?

If you get hurt at work, you need to:

  • See a doctor right away. It is your employer's job to get you somewhere where you can get medical help.
  • Tell your boss about the injury.

How Workplace Insurance Can Help You

Your employer has insurance that can help you if you get hurt while you are at work.

To get this help, you have to file a claim with the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) first. Once you do that, you can get help from the insurance company.

Workers' Compensation: Making a Claim tells you how to make a claim and what happens after you make a claim.

What You Can Do if Your Claim is Not Accepted

If you do not agree with the WSIB's decision, you can appeal. That means you ask for your claim to be looked at again. You can get the forms you need to do this, online.

If this does not work, you can appeal to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal. The Tribunal is the last place you can go for help with workplace safety and insurance matters in Ontario.

For More Information

Last updated: October 21, 2019 4001118